PROCEDURE 3.0: ACCESSING THE COMPUTER
The procedure is as follows:
1. The patron puts in their bar code and PIN number into the computer. It is first come first served access and there is a one hour and a half time limit. The computers monitor and inform patrons when the time has been reached.
2. If the patron has fines, he/she must pay them prior to using the computer.
3. Printing costs 25 cents per page.
4. If people are waiting to use the computer, users who have had a half hour online will be asked to close out and leave, in the order of their arrival.
5. The library can prohibit a child’s use at the request of the parent by changing the patron type.