Library Board Minutes April 2016

ALANSON AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY

 REGULAR BOARD MEETING

 April 13, 2016

The monthly meeting of the Alanson Area Public Library Board was called to order by President, Joan Niewiadomski, at 6:00 pm.  Trustees present were Anne Billiard, Joan Niewiadomski  and Pat McFarland.  Library Director, Anna LaRue, and employee Sherry Webster were also present.  Sue Warner and B.R. Smith were absent.  No guests were in attendance.

Minutes:    Minutes of the March 2, 2016 meeting were approved as read.
 

Treasurer’s Report: 

·         Reconciled bank statements were present for initialing, as were the bills to be paid for the month of March.

·         There was an issue when most signers were on vacation.  Paychecks went out with only one signature. Going to get a signature stamp for each officer to have when someone is out of town so there will always be two signatures on checks.

·         Motion to approve payment of March bills were made by Pat and seconded  by Joan.

·         Motion to accept report by Pat and seconded by Joan.

 

Director’s Report:

·         March book club was cancelled

·         Program report:

Story hour again for 6 weeks – April 5 to May 10. It was very well attended.

“Mysteries & Legends in Small Michigan Towns” will be presented by Ron Rademacher on May 18th,

 7:00 p.m.

Ron Fowler will present a children’s program on July 30, at 11:00 am

“Legend of Sleepy Hollow” puppet show will be on July 16 at 11:00.

·         Anna attended the Project Connect program sponsored by Char-Em, on March 9, at the Odawa Casino.

·         Ron Fowler to start April 18th to fill in while Sherry is gone.

·         Sherry will be attending a book mending class in Cadillac April 28th.

·         SCOLA is an on-line subscription through Superiorland  that will cost $100 for the 1st year .  It is  an international travel, communication and language organization that people can access at the library or at home with a library card.  It was decided to go ahead and order it.

·         More shelving is needed in the large print area and juvenile section.  Anne will check with a cabinet maker to see what the cost would be.

·         Anne  moved to accept the director’s report, supported by Pat, report accepted.

 

New Business:

·         Rural library conference to be held May 4-6.   

·         Board  meeting changed  to May 18th at 5:30, Budget workshop to follow immediately

 

Motion to go into Executive Meeting for Anna’s evaluation by Anne and supported by Pat.

Meeting adjourned at 7:07

 

Respectfully submitted,

Pat McFarland,  Acting Secretary